My name is Dorothy Plett. I have been a piano teacher for the last 30 years or so. My credentials are not what I consider to be my greatest asset, but I will list them below for your information.
The personal interest I take in trying to connect with each student's learning style is what qualifies my ability to teach music. I love to have fun, but a balance with disciplined learning is important!
I encourage performing and love to perform myself...mostly through church events. I currently am part of a Praise and Worship team, where I sing and play piano. This is a very important part of my identity as a musician!
Credentials... (as promised)
· I took lessons as a child from several local piano teachers (a very valid credential/influence)
· Church Music Diploma, Winkler Bible Institute (2 years)
· Brandon University, School of Music (2 years), vocal and piano (I didn't graduate. I got married, studied a bit more, and decided to be a stay at home Mom)
· Grade 10 piano exam - Royal Conservatory of Music
· I took an extra year of voice lessons in Winnipeg, as an adult
· performed at MANY church functions, community concerts and festivals over the years
· directed many choirs (church, Hutterite, school)